Saturday 18 July 2009

It is alive!

Finally got around to update this blog. It's been a combination of not playing Warmachine at all and using my Cygnar for a couple of tournaments (took 3rd at our local one) but I've finally gotten back to Wyrmwall Kriel and been doing some painting the past week or so. So I've now completed an Axer and new comer Calandra and a Slag Troll (pictures to follow tomorrow hopefully).

They will all see action tomorrow, going up against the Legions of the Nightmare Empire. Hopefully the Slag Troll especially should be very handy against all the undeads, and having proxied Calandra once before I'm very much looking forward to using her. Is there anything she can't do?

Calandra will be bringing a Mauler, an Axer, an Impaler and a Slag Troll with her. And to accompany the big beasts will be Champions, Scattergunners, a Kriel Stone and Elder, a Hero, Fell Caller and some Whelps. And some Swamp Gobbers. Very execiting to have a proper game with the Trolls again, although I have actually managed to use them a little bit recently. I've been running demo games at my gaming club the past three weeks or so.

I had Madrak go into overdrive mode in one of them. There was a battleline of 6 Swordknights, Ironclad, Lancer and Stryker fighting champions. Thinking I'd just show what a Warlock can do and that feats can be mean I moved Madrak up to the Swordknights and feated. He then proceeded to kill all the Swordknights, the Lancer and finally ended up right next to Stryker. With just a point of fury left I hit him, boosting damage thinking I could at least give him a scare before he killed Madrak I rolled 18 for damage, killing Stryker in one hit with a point of damage to spare!

That was surprising to say the least. I might have to give Madrak a bit more serious attention. I've not really tried to play a proper beatstick caster yet, although Grissel can beat up people if she needs to.

No comments:

Post a Comment